Kryptonite Crunch Popcorn Recipe

Yesterday I shared our Retro Super Hero Birthday Party which included DIY ideas for decorations, games, and fun finger foods. At the end of the day I think everyone had come up to me to ask about the Kryptonite Crunch- they wanted a recipe! I laughed it off- because if you know me at all, you know that I regularly burn food and botch easy to make dinners... so I told them they'd have to read the blog to find out.  (Let me relish in the fact that someone wanted a cooking recipe FROM ME a few moments longer!)


The Kryptonite Crunch is easy to make and only requires a few ingredients, you'll need:
8 C popped popcorn
1/4 C butter
3 Tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 C white sugar-
1 small box Jello, lime 

  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees, line a sheet pan with foil or wax paper. 
  2. Toss popcorn in large bowl.
  3. Place butter and corn syrup in small pan, heat on low until butter is melted.
  4. Add sugar and Jello, stir until Jello has dissolved.
  5. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
  6. Pour immediately over popcorn, toss well to coat. 
  7. Put popcorn on sheet pan and spread out using 2 forks.
  8. Bake for 10 minutes (You may want to stir it frequently)  remove from oven, cool completely, break apart and store in an air tight container.
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts